I am an administration professional, with more than 20 years’ experience working at universities in NZ, Italy, the UK and Australia.
My career in academic administration started at the Open Polytechnic of New Zealand, enrolling students on diploma and degree courses by distance learning, and my very first project was redesigning an application package for students applying for hardship grants.
Since then, I have worked on many projects, including citizenship ceremonies, book launches, funding applications, international study tours, and orientation programs.
More recently, I have shifted my focus to helping local businesses to build entry-level websites, and to build a presence on social media. I also support small businesses that may exceptionally busy – but not in a financial position to hire an employee – by taking care of their administration, freeing up hours of time.
Today, I run a successful virtual assistant business – aptly named the Small Business VA. My aim to build strategic alliances with local businesses, helping them to achieve their goals.
More about me
- I am a graduate of Queensland University of Technology, with a Master Degree in Education (Leadership and Management); I also hold the Certificate in Applied Project Management from the Australian Institute of Management, and Certificate in Small Business Management (Digital Marketing) from TAFE.
- I am a member of the Australian VA Association, as well as the Redlands Chamber of Commerce.
- I enjoy volunteering for local NFP’s, to help them develop websites, and social media to build their profiles.
- Master of Education (Leadership and Management)
- Certificate, Applied Project Management
- Certificate, Small Business Management (Digital Marketing)
Projects, Business Support, Administration.